C and D

C and D

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Carrig James Hogan

Born 11:36am, February 28th, 2012. 8 lbs 10 oz 20.5 inches - big boy!!!!

I just want to take a second and explain his name as I'm sure a lot of people are doing the same thing they did with Declan and going "whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!" :)

So our dear little Carrig - our second Irish baby. Irish names are HARD - hard to pronounce, hard to spell, hard to imagine a teacher calling out your kids name in a roll call, etc etc etc. Some I really love but they're just too out there. Some I loved, but didn't like the meaning. Some had a great meaning but didn't go with the middle name that we 100% were going with, James. We were looking up every Irish name site on the internet and were kind of striking out when one day Paul was on a recruiting trip and texted me "Carrig James......Carrig means "rock" "

Rock. Yes. Rock. As in the rock of our family. Not dumb as a rock ;)

But I loved it. It was such a strong, manly name and the fact that it means rock, one of the most solid foundations you can build anything on (houses, lives.............) was perfect.

We have Declan Brady - Declan meaning "full of goodness" and Brady "spirited" and those two couldn't be more true of him. Now we have a "rock". What a good balance. We'll see how they live these out :)

James is my father. Yesterday he told me how proud he was that we would name our child after him and that he would do his best to be the amazing role model that he knows Carrig will need. And Paul and I's response was, "if you weren't already that role model, we wouldn't have named him after you." My dad is that strong man that my brothers and mom have built our lives on that I hope and pray Carrig will one day to be to his family. He's honest, hard working, faithful, and true. He is a very behind the scenes type of guy but our family would not be anywhere CLOSE to what we are without him. He never asks for anything from us...he works and works and works and loves and loves and loves and while I will not in a million years be able to repay the support and life he has given me, I really wanted to honor him and this was the best way I knew how. Paul loves, respects and looks up to my dad as much as I do so it was a total no brainer........

Carrig James, you have a lot to live up to my little man....but I have all the faith in the world that you can do it. You are already our rock and we are thankful beyond words that we have been blessed with you as our son. Decky already loves you too - GiGi told me he was asking about the "bee (baby)" this morning :)