C and D

C and D

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things I do NOT like about Conway:

Pageant moms. Oh I could have vomited the other night at dinner..................Paul and I had to go to BofA in downtown (Conway :) ) and so we just walked to a little restaurant for dinner. Apparently it was right below a dance studio because there was this obnoxious group of moms with their daughters dressed in their tutus and they had basically taken over the place. And the waitress was less than pleased.

So in any case, Declan and I had been at the park earlier and like most days, I was dressed in workout clothes because A) its hot and humid here and B) chasing him all day = I am disgusting and I would rather be in not nice clothes sweating than a cute dress. Let's be real. So I was in workout clothes looking RIPE, my frizzy hair piled on top of my head, and the way these women looked at me when I walked in was absolutely priceless. Like how on earth could this woman be wearing clothes like that? And go out in PUBLIC?!?!?!?! :) Oh I literally laughed out loud because it was clear what they were thinking and they kept looking at me with this disgusted look on their face. Apparently I should have used a whole bottle of hairspray to tease my locks, slapped on some powder, pink lipstick and worn a flowery dress with heels. But c'mon, that will never happen. And I will apparently never be friends with these ladies. If I have a girl, God help me because I just can't do it.....................they were around this table with their pageant "coach" and I wish all of you could have heard and seen them talking. Puts that show "toddlers and tiaras" to shame. They were serious.

Phew - thank heavens Paul was like "wtf" when we left so we are on the same page.....but we are officially in the South - in the place where women dress up their 2 year olds in pink tutus, spray tan their sweet little bodies, put in fake teeth, hire "pageant coaches" to talk about the next great routine and make them take tap lessons when they probably just want to be outside being toddlers. Ohhhhh nelly.