C and D

C and D

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Strawberry pickin'!


Declan and I met his buddy, Levi, and the lady that takes care of him, Norma in Conway and we hopped in their car as she took the four of us out to the farm of one of her family friends. One very cute note before I get into the strawberry pickin' is that Decky and Levi sat in the back together (obvi) and when I looked back at one point their were looking at each other with the biggest grins and holding hands. Ah - I could have died right there. It was just too cute for words.

So anyhow - we got to this farm, picked up a couple buckets and went at it! I was veryyyyyyyy nervous and brought both my backpack and stroller in case I needed to lock this child of mine up but he was AWESOME. I couldn't believe it - usually, given a situation where he can run wild, he does just that. But right when we got there, we showed Levi and Decky how to pick a berry and then put it in the bucket and Declan went up and down the rows with me, picking berries, eating half of them, but putting the other half in the bucket. Good job dude! Levi just put my sunglasses on, lookin' like a cool dude and hung out, waiting for us to give him his strawberries :) I like his style a lot to be honest with you.......

Here are the two boys after the picking - we were out working for about and hour and a half so they needed a snack and Norma got them both apples from the farm stand :) And yes, Declan is extraordinarily short - Levi is about 27 months though and Declan's only 15 so maybe???????? Either way they're so cute.



SO THENNNNN - I made it home with 4.5lbs of strawberries and needed to make something fast! I found this Paula Deen recipe and figured we would give it a shot - it was super tasty - extremely extremely sweet but sooo good and LOADS of fresh strawberries - all in the batter and the icing. I haven't baked in awhile so this was a fun one. Thinking we might go next week so I can do this again ;)


YUM.