C and D

C and D

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teachable moments...

For mommy.

So I sit here with two out of three toilets clogged in my house. Like full on, I've been plunging all day, took a wire hanger to it, nothing helped type of clogged. Why you ask? (dad and bros, sorry...) because I flushed my tampons. Apparently (I don't remember but knowing myself I can pretty much guarantee this happened) I clogged the toilet in our bathroom and so then I did the EXACT same thing in the hall bathroom. And clogged both.

All of that gross info to say what a wakeup call this is to me when it comes to my little friend, Declan. I think I even asked him tonight "how many times do I have to tell you????" in an exasperated tone. Well, Alli, how many times have your parents, your friends parents, your husband etc etc etc TOLD YOU NOT TO FLUSH A FREAKING TAMPON?!?!?!?!?!?! Or use so much fracking toilet paper. I do that too.

Holy crap. I'm 29 years old and have known what "to do" and what "not to do" for a very, very long time now but I still do the same stupid thing. So I think a little grace for my almost 3 yr old son is needed......

Teachable moments. They are everywhere. For everyone.