C and D

C and D

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hunt Family Christmas!

As my mom put it, "this was the best Christmas we have had since you guys were little..." and I totally, totally, totally agree....

We got up to Charlotte late on the 26th where my mom was having my dad's whole side of the family over. Its kind of become a tradition for everybody to come to Charlotte around this time and its the greatest because its wild and loud and awesome because its the only day of the whole year we are all in the same place. Its exhausting but I love seeing my aunts and uncles and cousins and their wives/hubbies and I especially love seeing all the kids together. Warms the heart...






Carrig loved little Liv.They are 7 days apart and absolutely hysterical together. He came on very very strong she wasn't too sure what to make of his moves....








Adah Lee, Emmy, Merrill and Declan. Love them so........




The rest of the week was filled with tons of brother/Declan-Carrig time. I think that's what I remember and really cherish the most about this last Christmas in Charlotte. All of my brothers were home but I think it was especially cool for Davis because of everyone, he's been the one to see the boys the least unfortunately. We lived in CO and when we moved back here, he moved up to NYC so this was his first time spending more than like 4 hours with both the boys. And they looooooved it! And he was SOOOO good. So good. Like out drinking until 2am but up at 8am to hang with Declan good. That's a solid uncle right there. Turns out he is also a very strict uncle and was all over Decky's butt about saying "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" and ever since we have gotten home everyone's been super impressed with his manners. And of course I can take no credit........the only thing I get credit for are his sweet temper tantrums. That we still deal with daily. Its a joy.
We took lots of walks to the park, rode his new bike (this thing is the COOLEST), went to a trampoline place and Declan jumped foreverrrrrr (need to figure out a way to get one in MB), had a nice family photo sesh (diff post for a diff day), ate lots of good food (my mom is such an awesome little chef) and just had a really nice time hanging together and enjoying all the little moments. We don't all get together very often so this was such a special time.















That's Declan out there with Uncle Boo Boo...right in the middle of the action. No fear.








Declan might be a vet when he gets older........obsessed with animals. And very surprisingly gentle with them......minus suffocating them.


Early morning movie post Starbucks run for uncle d:





Best buds:






The only person we missed was Paul :( Its so hard because this is a HUGE recruiting time for coaches so he was down in FL until Jan 2nd. One day I think we will head down there with him when the boys are older and do Disney. But for now we miss him a lot...