C and D

C and D

Monday, March 28, 2011

THIS JUST IN!

Another moment I would like to freeze in time. Please? Thanks, God.

Declan let me "sing" him to sleep! Never never neverrrrrrrrrr................usually I just read him a story before his nap but by about 12:30 today I could tell he was one pooped puppy so I gave him his passy, gave him his blankie, and started singing "Mary had a little lamb" - one of about three nursery rhymes I know. Probably a little better than "Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa ;) My rap repertoire is spectacular compared to my nursery rhyme rep.......not sure, but this might be something I need to work on.

But I digress. Little buddy just laid his head on my shoulder and we rocked and sang, sang and rocked.............he was still awake when I put him down because let's be real, the kid is still who he is and unless its nighttime and he's up way past his bedtime, he will party until he can party no longer - but this was just such a sweet moment. He never ever sits still, even when I'm reading to him he's bouncing up and down trying to turn to the next page. It was just so nice to lay and rock and ahem....."sing". AH - I loved it :) And he could care less how terrible my voice is (and it is terrible). He loves me anyway. The sweet, innocent, unconditional love of a child...........................

LOVE YOU BUDDY!