C and D

C and D

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Hempens...........

Are angels :) The movers came to our house Monday morning to get all of our stuff but we didn't fly out until Thursday afternoon so we moved in with the Hempens for a couple days. And it was a wonderful couple of days. I'd pick Decky up after work, bring him "home", he'd play on the trampoline with all the neighborhood kids before dinner, then eat all of MY dinner (best diet ever for me :) ), Emma and Lucas would help me give him a bath, they'd all sing the ABC's together as I dressed little buddy (he hates getting dressed so this totally kept him happy :) ), I'd put him down then Bill would make an Oreo shake and we would watch American Idol. It was truly wonderful and I cried like an infant when they dropped me off  at the airport on Thursday :(.
  I just can't help but wonder if that's the best we are going to get. I know we will be fine in SC but you know how you meet people in life and some are great but you always have your BEST FRIEND - no matter who you meet - I wonder if Colorado is going to be the BEST place we ever live, if the Hempens are going to be the BEST friends we ever make, and if we'll just be "fine" everywhere else we go. Probably not be the best way to look at things I realize, but Colorado and our life out there is going to be extremely hard to beat. For now, I will just be extremely grateful for what we had and I'll keep my heart open to what could possibly come out here. And try not to compare......................but that is in no way a strength of mine.
  In any case, here are a couple cute pics/videos of the little buddy while we were at the Hempens. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little buddy doing some yard work with Uncle Bill




I had to run some errands Thursday morning and when I got back I came in the house, couldn't find Bill, Steph or Decky, went outside and there they were! All three of them sitting in their own ski chairs around the fire pit - Decky's such a big shot in his own chair! HILARIOUS!


silly little boogar eating dinner :)