C and D

C and D

Saturday, March 19, 2011

This little piggy went to the market................and ate everything.

The other night, Paul met Declan and I at the outlets about 15 mins from our house and we did some shopping for summer clothes - all Declan has is sweats and long sleeve shirts but seeing as its regularly 80 degrees here we needed to find the child some shorts. We made out like bandits and then went to get some food after - I had planned on eating at home that night so didn't have any food for Declan - first time for everything I suppose!

We started out with some garlic butter biscuits - loved them. I gave him some red peppers and peas from the salad bar which he squeezed and threw on the ground. Ok then - my apologies, wait staff. When our meals came though, the kid chowed. Paul had chicken with tomatoes and onions, broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes - Declan ate it ALL. I had Asian salmon with zucchini and mashed potatoes - he ate all of that too :) Just crazy - he doesn't seem old enough to like all of this stuff but he does. I wonder if we'll ever really have to order off of the children's menu..........I don't know if he will like chicken tenders - he'll want chicken with balsamic glaze and roasted veggies! Kind of a snot, really :)

Today, I tracked what he ate just for fun - here it is:

Breakfast - bowl of oatmeal and some blueberries

Snack - he chowed on an apple - he doesn't get a ton but he loves eating it like a big boy.

Lunch - I made myself a chicken quesadilla topped with salsa and he ate about 1/4 of my quesadilla along with a granola bar and some sugar snap peas with hummus. Weird combo? Perhaps

Snack - grapes and a little peanut butter sandwich - real little - he likes to smush it and throw it on the floor. Also had this drink that he loves - its a Naked juice - "green machine" 

Dinner - I roasted butternut squash for him earlier so he had a big bowl of that along with what seemed like half of my pasta - complete with tomatoes, red onions and hot italian sausage :) 

I know tomorrow he could turn into a picky eater so I will just praise God for these days that he eats any and everything in his sight!