C and D

C and D

Friday, August 17, 2012

Decky left me.....

So earlier in the Spring my mom offered up her lovely services and said she'd take Declan to the beach with her for a few days sometime this summer. Originally the plan was for her to take Declan and get some good GiGi/Decky QT and give me a little break and time with just Carrig....and I was SO looking forward to it. C is super easy so I figured I would get tons done, maybe catch up on some sleep, have lots of cuddle time and maybe even relax for more than 2 seconds. It was a really really.............really nice thought. As all plans do these days in my life, it didn't really work out that way on my end but  Declan did have an absolute blast with my parents and brother at the beach so good for you Declan.

I, on the other hand, was a wreck and called my mom every other hour and demanded FaceTime sessions every night so that I could see my little boy. Oh my word. To say I missed him would be a massive understatement. My heart just did not feel right without him right by my side...oh man, it was bad.

Thank you mom for taking Decky and as much as I missed him, it does me good knowing that he's in such wonderful hands and that he didn't miss me for a second. I mean, it kinda hurts my mom pride, but I'll deal ;) He loves you and Pop Pop and Boo Boo so much and had THE best time. Looking forward to tons more summer beach trips in our future. Next time, I'm going :)


This was the "special treat" GiGi gave him. Hopefully not every night....mommmmmmm......
This was the first pic my mom sent me of their trip and I kind of died a little inside. How sweet is this??? I missed him from that second until I got to hug him 5 days later.



 Oh the puppies! Can't forget Maddie and Chopper. They are Declan's best buds and stick by his side every second of the day. Even naptime. Love...

Idolizes his Uncle Boo Boo.....