C and D

C and D

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today.........

...........................I'm really hoping its over but we shall see.

It started last night around 10:30pm, when Tracy and I were relaxing, watching "Eat Pray Love" and all of a sudden comes a verrrrry unhappy boy screaming. Every once in awhile he will cry out in the middle of the night and 9 times out of 10 he will just go right back to sleep. I never go in, he just settles himself back down and I figured it would be the same here. SIKE. He's had a cold on and off now for about two weeks, this last week being the worst. I thought he was much better yesterday but last night the cough reared it's terribly ugly head and kept waking him up so around 11:30 I went in just to give him cuddles - he was still babbling around midnight but wasn't upset anymore so I tried to get some sleep - which once I'm worried about Declan and by myself, is impossible so I tossed and turned all night. Next morning, enter an exhausted mommy and a baby with a rash all over his body...............awesome!

While not sleeping last night, I was reading up to see if there was anything more I could do for a cold  and of course started freaking myself out and reading about all these viruses etc that can look like the common cold but aren't. One of these, "roseola", I read about and guess what, turns out Deco has it! It's a viral infection that basically looks like a cold but when the fever breaks/cold starts to go away the person breaks out in a rash and that's when at least (good news) you know its getting better.

After talking with my mom on the phone about it all, decided not to go to the doctor and let Declan get a good nap in before we had to be out for showings on our house. Oh noooooooo. Piss pot didn't want to sleep, threw a major fit so I brought him down and just fussed for the next 3 hours. Nothing was gonna make this kid happy which is extremely stressful on its own but I was trying to keep our house spick and span for the person coming to see it and he was throwing things everywhereeeeeeee. We had to be out by 1:30 but at 12:45 I stuck him in his car seat, gave him his blankey and started driving. Thank heavens he passed out, I drove to Boulder, found an empty parking lot and read trashy magazines while he slept for a few hours. On our way back home I got a text saying another realtor wanted to show their client our house at 4:30 sooooo off we went to Aunt Tracy's house instead of going home! I love Tracy and I certainly love her dog, Chaco, but Declan's allergic to dogs (or their saliva at least) so every time we go somewhere with a dog I always get really anxious. In any case, just hanging out, Chaco and Deco were being nice to each other and THEN the door opens, Chaco leaps up completely barrolling over Declan, stepping on his head, knocking him into the table which of course hurt like hell so now we're back to Mr fussy pants. To try to distract little buddy I gave him some treats..............what does he do - he tries to feed Chaco, who bites the sh*t out of his hand - more fussy pants!

Now I decide its clearly time to go home, I don't care if people are there or not, Declan's about to lose it and so am I...........come home, eat dinner, bathe him and:


Poop. All over. He is such a friggin animal.

Maybe he's got a rash not from this roseola business, but all the Clorox I am constantly using to clean up his poops everywhere!!!

Lordy pete - I'm exhausted and I really hope tomorrow is a little better. To top it off, got emails back from both the realtors that showed our house today. A) House showed well, my client really needs 3 bedrooms on one level though. B) Thanks for allowing me to show your house - showed great, however client decided she needs a basement.

Ay carumba!!! Tomorrow is another day :) Let's hope it brings a happy healthy baby and a buyer! Phew.......I'm going to bed.