C and D

C and D

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Nothing like a friend you've known your whole life...............


One of my very oldest and greatest friends, Whitney Sikes, got stuck in Denver last week which was a TOTAL treat for me and my mom, maybe not so much for her but at least she got to hang with little buddy for awhile! Whit, her dad Mike and her sister Robin had gone out to AZ for the national championship football game (HUUUUUGE Auburn fans) and because the East Coast got so slammed with snow, they couldn't fly into Charlotte and got stuck in Denver for two days! Wednesday night they came up here and I cannot say enough how wonderful it was to see them. I hadn't seen Robin in literally YEARS, Mr. Sikes since our wedding and Whit came to my baby shower in Charlotte last fall but we missed her this last trip home because it was so flippin crazy!
We were texting last night and I said it then but I'll say it again, there's just nothing like someone you have known your whole entire life. Whit and I started playing soccer together when we were 8 or 9 and played until we went to college. Every single weekend since we were 8 we spent together, whether it was traveling to God knows where for games or having our parents drive us each halfway to each other's house, meeting at Crystal burger and then spending the weekend together. My whole entire childhood and memories involve my sweet friend Whitney and I have no doubt, no matter where we are in our lives, be it Colorado, NC or now SC, we will always find a way to meet up, catch up, and remind each other of how dear a friend we have in the other. I love you Whit and thanks so much for getting stuck in D-town!!!!!!!