C and D

C and D

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sweet Carolina, take me home...........

....................and off we go!!!!! So many of you probably have heard one or another by now but my stud muffin of a husband is the new Head Women's Soccer Coach at Coastal Carolina University!!!!! YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely over the moon for Paul. Perhaps I'm slightly biased, but I really do believe he is a phenomenal coach and all he has needed is an opportunity - and the opportunity has arrived. Tactically, Paul can coach with the best of them but I think what really makes him amazing is his ability to relate to the girls, motivate and inspire them. Paul genuinely cares about people.........not just me or Declan, or his family, or his friends - he cares and is interested in EVERYONE and people are able to feel that and respond to it. I know the girls at CU are really going to miss him but the cCu girls are getting one helluva guy to lead their program. I have always felt that if you are able to relay to the girls how much you love them, they will fight equally, if not harder for you as their coach. Girls need that - there is no way around it - and Paul has it. He's going to be amazing............ahhhhh I just cannot say how happy I am for him. It has certainly been a long time coming, my love, and I am beyond proud of you.

This will certainly be an interesting time for our family as Paul has been in SC for about a week and half which leaves Declan and I to sell our house in Colorado. At the end of the day this is what is best for our family and we will all be together again soon enough. Paul will be plenty busy trying to right a program that has gone a little wrong in the past year so he won't need any distractions. Our plan is to be out there by March 1st, house sold or not. If you're the praying type of person, please pray that there is someone out there looking for a house in the Broomfield area and they actually DO want to make that big purchase right after Christmas :) We could sure use it.

In any case, thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes and offers to help us all during this time. I know Paul will love to hear from you and Declan and I would love company every once in awhile so don't be strangers! We love ya!!!!!!!!

Off to enjoy the next two months in Colorado.......

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3937&SPID=259&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205072891&DB_OEM_ID=600
----this one brought me to tears. Bill is not only Paul's boss but his best friend, he was the best man at our wedding, he came to the hospital and brought us both Big Mac's the night Declan was born ;)........the list could go on forever. Bill, it is so unbelievably rare what you and Paul have and we will miss you terribly. Thanks for being his mentor, best friend, and brother. WE LOVE YOU!

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/w-soccer/spec-rel/010611aad.html
----here's the release from Coastal!