C and D

C and D

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The thumb sucker




Monday night we decided to kick the swaddle to the curb and see how carrig did. It did not go well. Repeat, not go well.
The miracle blanket was absolutely wonderful for the first three months of life but fatso got way too big for it reaaaaal quick so we had to get rid of it. I know a lot of people do the gradual one arm out thing but i thought that because c sleeps on his belly during the day that we could just put him on his belly at night and call it good. Wrong.
The first night he screamed for about an hour and a half, with Paul or i going in every two seconds to try and comfort him. Finally about 930ish he passed out and I was hoping we were
Good. 130am, he's up crying. 430am, up crying. 530am, up crying and then at 630 when he got up again I finally went in to get him.
Thankfully that was the worst night but it's been a bit of a hard
week on the little man and I think this is his newfound self soothing technique. I guess when he figured mommy wasn't gonna come, he better help himself.

He is so sweet even if he is a stubborn son of a gun.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone