C and D

C and D

Monday, February 21, 2011

Full moon................and the day after!

Holy flippin' moly. Friday was a bad day. Bad bad day - Friday night was even worse. I've always heard that when a full moon comes, people get crazy. I might have experienced that Friday night............poor little buddy has had a cold for a few days now and when I picked him up from daycare on Friday he was just so so sad looking :( His eyes were blood shot and watery and he was just Mr Snuggles...............which is rare. He rarely never sits still and he was just laying with Tammy and didn't move when I get home. Again - rare - usually he runs over to me :)

So let's repeat - Friday was pretty rough and I was looking forward to coming home and getting some rest and just relaxing. Buddy had different plans - went down at 7pm as usual. 7:30, up and screaming. From time to time Declan will wake up randomly, cry for a second but go back to sleep and I never go up there for fear of really waking the beast. This was different - he was up and NOT HAPPY. I went up, sang to him and we cuddled and he fell asleep on my chest. The minute I put him in his crib, screaming. I let him cry because I knew he was exhausted and he eventually fell asleep...............until 9:30. Again, up and screaming. Same snuggle, sing and rock fest......he falls asleep on my chest. Put him in the crib, scream-fest. I let him cry and again he falls asleep until 10:30 - ahhhhhh!!! So at that point I was so tired from the day so I just brought him into bed with me and let him sleep on my chest for a solid 45 minutes and then again, he's up. The poor kid couldn't breathe to save his life and I think the only thing that made him feel better was his mommy......................can't argue with that can you? And as much as I love having him so close to me, he's a monster and he flails and makes so much noise when he's sleeping that we just do better in separate rooms :) So I flushed his nose out good and put him in his crib where he finalllyyyyyyyyyyy went to sleep after more cries :( So sad. And at that point I called Paul (which was probably close to 1am his time) because I was so at a loss and I was a mess. More than anything, I just needed to hear Paul's voice and I'm guessing Declan did too..........................
So as great as it is that Declan sleeps so amazing, when something like this happens I just don't know what to do - he's not a kid that you need to rock to sleep or that needs a lot of comforting..............he's pretty self-sufficient and a phenomenal self-soother so when he needed that, I was so thrown off and I just had no idea what to do. It was like he was a week old again and I was in a full-on fog, exhausted and clueless as to what my little boy needed to make him feel better. Oh it was terrible.
Thankful he finally fell asleep though.............I, however, did not and every two seconds I thought I heard him crying. Needless to say, Saturday morning I drank a whole pot of coffee. Looooooong night, I really don't remember one like that since probably he was a month or two old. Crazy. We are freakishly lucky to have such a great sleeper but like I said, since it had probably been 10 months since we had 3 or 4 random wake-ups, I didn't know what to do. I'm so sorry honey.........................blame it on the full moon!

Fast forward to the next day and he woke up a littttttle bit better. We had two showings and we had to be out from 10:30 - 3:30 so we packed up and headed to the Hempens. Luckily he slept for a good 3 hours up in Bill and Steph's closet and was ready to roll when he woke up. Oh its so good to have my little man back!
Playing on the trampoline!






Playing ball with the big boys! I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE (I cannot say how much I love) watching Declan play with kids - the minute Lucas and his buddies came over Decky went right over and raised his hands to me so I could pick him up to lift him on to the trampoline. He wants so badly to be a big kid he can't stand it.