C and D

C and D

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Almost back East..........FOR GOOD!!!

Last Saturday morning, Declan and I packed up ourselves and hopped on a flight to Charlotte! Shoutout to the very nice flight attendant who voila - made the seat next to me suddenly appear open so that we could take Decky's carseat on and he could nap! Shoutout to the very rude flight attendant who made me back up all the way down the aisle with a diaper bag on my back and a baby in the front so she could walk down the aisle for really no reason.............I was almost to the potty, chic!....instead I hit every single person with the diaper bag (those aisles are the most narrow things on this planet!) on my way back down and then back up but that's another story for another day.
  Either way - WE MADE IT! And Declan and Paul had the best hug everrrrrrr in the airport. I cried like a big ole sissy watching the two of them. It was so beautiful, so long overdue, and so heart melting :)


Saturday was a GORGEOUS day in Charlotte so we played, played, played outside......ALL of my brothers were there which is always such a treat, Big Gin and Big Jimbo cooked up a feast and we just had a genuinely nice night. Decky, who is usually the easiest child ever to put down for the night, knew he hadn't seen his dad in ages so it took a loooot of cuddling to get him calm enough to go night night. Not complaining though - I've missed those family cuddle sessions so I'll take it any day of the week. After Declan was out, Paul and I went out to meet my girl Meg and her husband :) Going out and baby tending do NOT go hand in hand however as the next morning was less than pleasant. And I had A beer - I'm crazy I tell ya.

Sunday was again, absolutely gorgeous and our good friends Steve and Lindsey Jaco brought over their sweet baby girl Hannah, Meg came over after church and we all just hung out on the patio for a couple hours catching up. This is one of the reasons I just can't wait to get back East. 99% of my friends live back East and mostly all in the South so it will be unbelievably nice to every once in awhile, get together on the weekends (be it at the beach or elsewhere :) ) and just relax, catch up, hang out on the patio and talk. I miss those days.............Sunday was a gem.

Sunday we also got to go see both sets of GREAT grandparents who are all doing pretty well. Gammy and Grandy moved into a new home awhile back so this was my first time seeing it and it is beautifully perfect for them. Best part : the minute we got there Grandy says, "It's cocktail time!" like nothing has changed, and Gammy had out her nice little meat, cheese and cracker assortment. Deelish!

We had a quick Chinese takeout dinner and then Paul and I started the trek to Myrtle Beach, SC!!!!!!!!! The weather changed pretty quickly from 70 and drop dead gorgeous to cold and rainy so by the time we got to the beach it was a good sold 40 degrees and wet. Niiice. Monday morning, Paul and I slept in a little (until 8am - holler!) and then he had to go meet a recruit for a few hours so that left me to workout in the weight room and tour campus! Below are some pics!

YEA BABY

This is what working out in the humidity again looks like - sweaty and red-faced. I am the hottest. ;)



CCU's business school!

Beautiful little walkway btwn buildings!




And this is something you will not see in Boulder. Welcome to the beach!

Football stadium!



When Paul was done with his recruit we went to downtown Conway - heyyyyyyy - and had a great lunch at this super cute little restaurant right in the middle of their downtown. Pretty comparable to NYC I would say ;) The lunch was actually wonderful and it was a cute little downtown - we will certainly have to spend some more time there but I think (hope) it's got some potential! The rest of our trip was pretty packed with checking out some houses, looking at daycares, etc etc etc...............it was super quick but very needed and extra productive! It was so so so SOOO (get my drift?) nice to see where Paul has been living this past month, where he is working, who he's working with, meet his players, all that fun stuff. It has to be said that every single person I met was unbelievably friendly. And Southern.....shoowee! I will have my accent back in a hot minute! Everyone seems to love Coastal and Paul has already made an impression as so many of the other coaches and administrators just popped in to his office to say hi and it was like they'd been friends for years. Very cool. Not surprising though - he has that effect on people :)

So proud of my head coach husband. He is going to be so amazing there and we just cannot wait to be with him.