C and D

C and D

Saturday, December 11, 2010

'Tis the season for "cheese"!

If you are reading this blog then chances are you're fully aware of my affinity for quotes, song lyrics etc and you also know how easily inspired I am. There's one quote in particular that I absolutely love and its been in the back of my head the past week or so and thought I would share...........if I've written it on here before, forgive me.

From the amazing book (you should check it out), "Blue Like Jazz" - "sometimes to love something yourself, you have to watch someone else love it first" - now, obviously I love Declan and obviously I love Paul but there's no reason that you can't be reminded of that or have that love rekindled every once in awhile. Being that its the holiday season, every night on the news they have these "soldiers coming home" or "soldiers surprising their loved ones" moments on tape that they show and I swear I ball my eyes out at every single one. And every single time I thank God that I have my son and my husband with me, right now.

There are no words for how much respect and admiration I have for the men and women that do this on a daily basis - spend days/months/years apart from the ones that they love the most. Paul leaves town for 4 or 5 days at a time and that is quite enough, thank you. I do fine, Declan does fine, but we are much better and much happier together. We are a family and families are supposed to be together. I just truly cannot imagine my life without being able to cuddle with Paul at night or waking up to the sweet babble of our sweet baby. Literally no clue what I would do. This is the happiest I have ever been in my life and not that it takes watching those soldiers reuniting with their families to remind me of that, but it certainly sparks the fire and reminds me to thank God daily for these blessings and not take one second for granted. So here I sit, tearing up just thinking about it, thanking God for giving me such a selfless, loving husband and beautiful healthy happy baby boy. Together, we are just better. Period.