C and D

C and D

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gingerbread house..............

is a baaaaaad idea with a 22 month old. Really bad idea.

We bought this at michaels for very cheap (probably problem number 1) but I thought it would be a really fun project for my craft loving son. Not so much :) first of all Paul got frustrated after about 2 minutes so he left decky and I by myself - which was just awesome. Siiiike. All he wanted to do was eat the candy and everytime I would try to hide it or move it Declan would lunge across the table, tearing down the house I was trying very hard to hold together with only two hands. You need at least 8 to do that.

So we finally got a very ugly not creative gingerbread house together:





And then this happened:




And then I went to run an errand quick and left Paul to feed decky lunch and got this text about 20 mins in:
"good news is pizza is for lunch. Bad news is decky really liked your gingerbread house" - apparently he pushed his stool over to the counter and began eating the candy off and the whole thing fell on the floor.

So it lasted a solid 48 minutes. Maybe next time...... Not!!!! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone