C and D

C and D

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Paul...


And you know this. I know you know this :) But I also know that I give you grief and poke fun on here so I want to make sure I also say how truly blessed I am that you chose me to be your wife. And the mother of your boys :) And your best friend.

And the last one really means so much to me. Not the most, because all that our relationship encompasses means the world to me, but it certainly means so much that you are far and away my best friend on this earth. I wrote a little bit earlier about how I think things are finally settling down and in here in Myrtle Beach and I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a HUGE part of that is that you have been here, at home, no traveling, for an entire month. You left once to go recruiting for a weekend but we went with you so you couldn't get away. HA! But honestly, having you here every morning and every night just makes Decky and I's days SO much better. I love that we sit around the table for breakfast, I love that you change his diaper in the morning (I reaaaaaally love this one), I love that we watch Elmo together bright and early, I love that you come home in time to ask what's for dinner. I love that if we're at the park and you're on your way home you stop by and surprise us - always a great surprise when Daddy catches Decky at the end of the slide and not mommy! I love that sometimes you and Decky take showers together and while that probably sounds weird, he is still young enough for it to be really ridiculously cute. I love it all. 

Mainly though, I love that we moved across the country, knowing not one person down here which forced us to spend a LOT of time together and I loved every second :) When you move like that I think it can easily be make or break. You either love spending time with your spouse or you don't. You love the fact that you stay in pretty much every night and cuddle, watch tv, talk, read together, whatever, or you spend your time wishing you could be back with all of your friends from Colorado. You are my best friend, so spending every day, every night, every weekend, every EVERTHING with you is a pleasure. A true pleasure. I don't ever wish I was somewhere else.

You are my home. It doesn't matter where we are. So long as I have you, I have everything. Thank you love, for being my very best friend and getting me thru this sometimes very rough transition. We're making it :)