C and D

C and D

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This pregnancy....

Well I'm currently sitting here eating pickles. So cliche, I know...........but really I am. Its Paul's fault - he got them. Not me :)

So this pregnancy has been interesting. So interesting. Everyone who's had multiple pregnancies has told me "oh every pregnancy is different" but I didn't see how that would be possible. I mean growing a baby is growing a baby and growing Declan was pretty flippin' easy. I'm healthy, active, young, what could really be so tough and different. Oh Lordy....................from about 5.5 weeks (I remember the day exactly, it was a Wednesday and I was working and got this horrible overwhelming feeling that I needed to vomit) until about 16 weeks I have felt horrible. Super tired, huge, terribly nauseous, could only eat peanut butter and nutella sandwiches....I mean, it was not good. I told my husband and mom probably 48309 times that I will not have another child after this. Feeling so bad and trying to take care of a really energetic toddler is beyond hard and I can't really imagine feeling like this again but taking care of TWO children. I'm sure that tune might change but.......not anytime soon :)

In any case, like I said, Decky was a breeze. I felt sick for maybe 3 or 4 weeks but I was able to keep it under control. Once those weeks were over, I felt like a new woman. A beautiful, pregnant woman. This has been different in that A) I've felt God awful but B) I started showing literally at like 6 or 7 weeks and didn't feel ok for about 3 months so feeling fat and vomitty is not really all that cool.

All of this to say - I'm pretty sure we're having a girl :) We will find out on Tuesday at 10:45am (who's counting?) but I am 99% sure this is a female fetus. Obviously we'll be updating as soon as we tell our families but if anyone has any great girls names with lots of meaning feel free to pass them along.

I'll post some pics of the belly later once I get them off my phone but I guess if there's one good thing that's come of this is that my boobs are HUGE (oh...too much info than you were looking for tonight!? :) ) This afternoon Decky and I were on a walk and we were going to end up at the pool so I just had my bathing suit top on instead of a sports bra and my boobs were going everywhere. I'm so not used to that but I have to say I love having bigger boobs! I can only imagine when my milk comes in how big these suckers will get................................Paul will be so disappointed when they go back to normal ;)