C and D

C and D

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daddy and Decky

For Paul's birthday this year I wanted to do something a little different............he is FOREVER the thoughtful and creative one of us so I thought I would try to play his game. I will never be Paul but this might be as close as I come:

1) I love Macs. They make it so so so easy (relatively speaking) to make some pretty cool gifts. We've done our Christmas cards for the past two years on the Mac, Paul's made me some pretty sweet books on there, we've done a few calendars for our families and Paul has made numerous videos of special moments in our lives.....................thus why I wanted to try to make him one for a change.

2) It took me a full week to finally figure it all out. I knew in my head what I wanted to do but getting the songs/pics to line up and in movie form and then burn it to a DVD proved fairly challenging for a computer illiterate chic like me. Thankfully Paul was gone from Thurs-Sun on a road trip so I had lots of time to figure it out.

3) I got lucky. Really really lucky. I married not only a pretty phenomenal husband who has time and again proven to be my greatest love, but he's also turned out to be a ridiculously great father. And the song (make sure you turn your music up!) that first comes on makes me think of him every single time I hear it. Decky now will even sign "more please" when he hears it because he loves it too :) Family is the most, bar none, important thing to Paul on this planet and he shows both Declan and I that daily. We don't have a ton, probably never will (I should have gone into accounting like the rest of my whole entire family ;) ), but I can say we are as genuinely happy as I can imagine one family being. And that is in HUGE part to Paul - he is the epitome of a "family man" and we love him so so so so.........

4) Here's the video :) Watch/listen to the "large" version if your computer allows:

Hope you enjoy.