C and D

C and D

Saturday, September 3, 2011

So big......

I'm fresh off a "reading/singing to Decky before he goes down for a nap" sesh and as I was sitting there rocking him singing in my amaaaaazing voice "twinkle twinkle little star" I started tearing up because I realized how big he is now. Like physically, big. He was draped over me, head on my shoulder, arms resting on each side of his little big body and legs going in all different directions. And he was more than halfway down my body. I had his huge kid laying on me and I couldn't help but venture back in my mind almost 19 months ago where he was tiny enough to lay on my chest. All curled up so that he literally only took up the space from my neck to about halfway down my stomach.

This growing up thing is absolutely remarkable. And causes me to become extremely emotional at verrrrry inopportune times. I know have to call my realtor and discuss the offer we put in yesterday on a house but all I want to do is cry and curl up with my baby in bed and snuggle for the next......................58 years.

I love you, Decky.