C and D

C and D

Monday, June 6, 2011

This kid:




is not Declan :) Although it very much so looks like him......It's my little baby brother Graham............and he is now a high school graduate and heading to CU!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


I could not be more proud of Graham. He put himself in a really great position - he got into every school he applied to, got tons of scholarships for being smart (something I know nothing about :) ), all of which had huge ups and a few downs. Colorado included. Ultimately, CU fits his lifestyle the best and provides so many opportunities - school included (dad) - for him to push himself and get outside his comfort zone while being the super outdoorsy, health conscious young man that he is. My heart seriously drops every time I think about the fact that we just moved from there, BUT, it is what it is and I'm beyond excited because it gives Paul, Declan and I the best reason ever to go back and visit - multiple times a year. Make room in your dorm room, Boo - your favorite sister is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly though - Graham has always been, and remains, a super laid back, go with the flow kind of person (again, something I know nothing about) so I was certain he would stay close to home and go to Wake or Carolina.....even though I knew how much he loved Colorado. It just seemed like a little big of a jump, too much of a chance etc etc etc but he took it like a MAN and he's going for it. So proud. Beyond proud. My baby brother is so grown up.....................I really cannot believe it.

 Declan please slow down because I can't handle another of my "babies" growing up as quickly as Graham has.

Love you, Boo! I can't wait to watch you on this next journey............you are going to be absolutely amazing, I know it!

And you always have this kid to come back to........... :) Best buddies.