C and D

C and D

Saturday, November 27, 2010

TRIP HOME!!!!

The first week of November Declan and I embarked on an adventure back East! I have been dying to get this kid back to Charlotte to meet the bulk of his family and some of my good friends that still live there so off we went, 430am on Monday morning.................it was an absolutely wonderful, fun-filled JAMMED week! Every minute that Declan was awake we had visitors and loved every second of it - he's certainly quite a ham and showed off for everyone that came to see him :) So proud of my "i love to be the center of attention" baby!

There were so many people I wanted to see personally and I wanted Declan to meet and while we got to see most of them, there are certainly people I'm bummed we missed (Whit!). Just not enough time!!!! However, Meg came over the first night to meet little buddy and then we played in a cold wet soccer game Wednesday night (where I was embarrassingly bad, thankful that it was 10:30 at night and not many people were there to witness the atrocity) but it was really fun and even better, Meg and I got to catch up until the early hours of the morning at a local little bar - I haven't done that in SOOOO long - thank you Meg for getting me out - much needed girl time - definitely one of my favorite parts of the week. Mrs L came over a number of different times, once with Mrs Clark, once with her hubby and once with her little grand babies who are sweeter than words. We FINALLY got little Hannah introduced to her future husband :) Got my hands on little Merrill, my cousin's sweet beautiful baby girl. Both sets of grandparents got to hang with DB as well as my amazing Aunt Kathy. Aunt Debbie and Uncle Doug came over as well and it was pretty hilarious because the first thing Doug did was bounce Declan on his knee and sing this little rhyme which is the EXACT same thing my dad did/does. Must be another Hunt thing :)

A huge huge huge massive monstrous thanks to my mom, dad, brothers and awesome friends who made the trip as easy as could possibly be. When we got there my mom had bottles, food, diapers, wipes, pack-n-play all jazzed up and ready to go, the little prince's special soap and lotion - I mean EVERYTHING that we could possibly have needed. Added to that, Mrs L brought over a van full (literally) of toys to occupy little buddy for the week. Kenan took off 2 days of work to spend with his nephew, Davis came home early from Chapel Hill to spend the weekend with us and Graham rushed home every day from school to pick up his nephew and play (something he's been wanting to do since he was 3 days old :) ) Watching my dad with Declan too is an image I hope I have burned in my brain forever. Pop Pop just oozes pride and love when he holds little DB. And my mom - my sweet mother - amazes me how NATURAL she is with Declan. She was born to be a mother and that has translated seemlessly into being a grandmother. We are so lucky to have them - thank you guys for a wonderful trip home and one that I know Declan will not remember but I certainly will.

Here's the link to some of the pics I took:   PHOTOS FROM THE TRIP!