C and D

C and D

Saturday, November 27, 2010

THANKSGIVING!


I don't even know where to begin with all that I'm thankful for, but I will say it only just begins with my husband's beautifully handsome face that I see every time I look into my son's.................thank you, dear Lord, for every single blessing you have given me and every hardship you have had us overcome. It only makes me more thankful for what we have right here, right now.

On a lighter note ;) We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving this year! Paul got back around 9pm on Wednesday night and went right to work on the turkey! Thursday we had Danny, Hardy, Yolanda and Stephanie come over for what I dare say was our best Thanksgiving yet :) Super yummy food, awesome friends and definitely good times had by all. Declan, the social butterfly, didn't want to nap with all the commotion going on downstairs so we spent the afternoon feeding/entertaining him so he wouldn't realize how tired he was ;) It was a great day, thanks to our above mentioned friends for coming over and helping us celebrate such an awesome day. Love ya!!!!! :)

The menu:
Deep friend turkey, DUH
Sausage, mushroom and sage dressing, ummm delicious
Twice baked potato casserole (from Danny - biiiigtime)
Green bean casserole (Yolanda kills this every year and did again this year)
Corn casserole (a Hogan tradition that if you haven't had, you haven't lived)
Broccoli and asparagus thanks to Yolanda - we needed SOMETHING healthy!
Biscuits
Chocolate silk pie (homemade down to the crust ala Paul - my little baker man ;) )
Cupcakes from this little shop in Denver that is heavenly.

I'm not eating again for at least a week..................






RIIIIIGHT ;)