C and D

C and D

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Sched.

As stated about 89032 times before, I'm a freak about Declan's schedule and while we are certainly flexible WITHIN his schedule, he's got a good one and I try daily to stick to it.......this is what we have going right now: Wanted to write it out because I know it will change probably next week and I would like to look back someday and recall what my 9 month old was doing :) ALSO, it's looking more and more like an adult schedule so I wanted to record this milestone!!!

7-7:30am wake up
Eat bottle and play
8:15ish - breakfast
9 - 9:15 - morning nap for hour or hour and a half
11:00 - 2nd bottle of the day
11:30 -12:00 - lunch!
12:30 - 1:00 - afternoon nap
3 - 4pm - 3rd bottle
5:15 - 5:30pm - dinner
6:00pm - bath
6:15 - bottle before bed
6:45pm - out like a light!

4 bottles, three meals, 2 naps, 1 very happy baby!


***one noteworthy piece of info, Declan stopped sleeping on Paul or I probably when he was 6 weeks old or so. This was awesome in one way because when he was tired we would just take him upstairs, put him in his crib and he'd go to sleep but so unbelievably sad in another because we didn't need to rock him or have him fall asleep on us and then make the transfer. He was just too big of a boy way too early.
   Fast forward 8 months and he's started falling asleep on me again :) When Paul is gone, in some ways (very few) it is nice because I don't have to worry about cooking dinner or cleaning or anything like that, I can do whatever I feel like, with Declan of course :) Recently, Paul was gone for 5 nights recruiting and every night I would take Declan upstairs for his bottle and rock him in the quiet dark peacefulness of his room. And every night, nearing the end of his bottle he would start to get really sleepy and put his head on my chest and sigh. When he was done, he would turn himself over and just lay his head on my chest and fall asleep. AH - I thought I could just die right there and be the happiest lady ever. There is absolutely nothing like a peaceful sleeping baby (you know what I'm talking about!) and even better, a peaceful sleeping baby laying heart to heart and knowing you don't have anywhere else to be but right there with your sweet child.