C and D

C and D

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oh buddy buddy buddy.....


The hits just keep coming. You and I took a drive to Florence yesterday to see your eye doctor for a three month check up and I was A) looking forward to it but B) dreading it. Ever since we brought your prescription down because you were having trouble seeing long distances with the glasses on, your eyes have been crossing again. Even with the glasses on. And that's what I wanted to talk to the doctor about but he beat me to it asking how often your eyes are crossing in a fairly concerned voice. "Well........pretty often". Bam. You might need surgery. And I was choking back tears for the rest of the visit when you two did all the tests because I just can't stand that all this keeps happening. To my innocent little boy. It's making me physically ill. 
I guess in 90% of kids, glasses solve the farsighted, cross eyed problem until you guys grow out of it BUT YOU, my sweet sweet baby, you are once again in the small percentage who its not helping. 
So...with all of this, we head back the day after Christmas for a visit and if your numbers have gotten even worse we will talk about scheduling sx. 
This year has been quite the kick in the ass but if you do in fact need surgery on your eyes (don't even get me started on how many horrible things I've imagined happening during sx), then so be it. Another day, another obstacle. LIFE ROCKS!!!!!! 
Its a damn good thing that your daddy is as strong as he is and as much as you take after me (in all the bad ways), you are such a badass like your daddy and I'm so so so thankful that you have his attitude and strength. You guys keep me going.
  

                         The good news about all of this is that you are a loooooooooooooot cuter than me, Decky Doo. A LOT. Kenan, you and C are beautiful. And chubby ;)