C and D

C and D

Sunday, August 15, 2010

HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY BOOGIE BOOGIE!

Oh my word - I admit - I teared up a few nights ago just thinking about this little kid. 100%, I cannot believe that it has already been 6 months. Our lives have not been the same since February 11th, 2010 but there is absolutely NOTHING we would change. He has such a personality, brings so much joy and I can no longer remember what my life was like before this. It feels like we've had him forever....... I can't believe its only been 6 months.........I will say that for the rest of my life, the number will just continue to rise.

   So - what's the little kid doing these days. What ISN'T he doing????

-Holding his own bottle and feeding himself
-Eating tons of solids and liking them all. Faves would definitely be bananas and carrots but he downs some nasty looking green beans like a champ. Everytime we eat too we give him a little taste and he loves it all. So far he's had some bananas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, pears, applesauce, enchiladas, lots of salad, REAL green beans, little carrots, brown rice with some hoisin sauce, blueberry muffin, guacamole, parmesan and garlic chips (HE LOVES) and a little blue cheese burger. So far so good on the eating front which is so exciting to me...........we don't want no picky eaters!!!
-Starting to crawl. Paul wants to mark down yesterday as the first day he crawled but I'm not ready to call it - he's doing the caterpillar right now. Keep truckin' buddy.
-Sleeping 11-12 hours at night and taking 2 or 3 good naps every day. We are SO beyond lucky with this part of life.......he's been a phenomenal sleeper from day 1 and with a little help from mommy and daddy he's really gotten into a great schedule.
-Super ticklish on almost every part of his body.
-LOVES to have his feet kissed :) And I love to kiss them :)
-Water maniac - even watering the plants he's zoned in and puts his hands and feet out so I can spray them. Baths are awesome, pools he loves.............everything. Little water baby.
-He's really starting to respond so that we can "sort of" reason with him. Feeding is usually the most stressful time because he's a freak and is obsessed with his bottle or bowl of food BUT luckily we've been able to talk to him and things like "I have to shake it up buddy" or "mommy's going to feed you, see (show the bowl)" will calm him down and he will wait until we give it to him. We're now going to work on "please" and "thank you" :)
-He is unbelievably social. He smiles at EVERYONE, gives hugs and kisses, loves to be held, always reaching for new people and wanting to play. Its wonderful to see this part of his personality.........he's just SO happy, makes my heart melt
-That said, he's got a temper and will get hot in a minute so watch out! No clue who he gets that from.......PAUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Its ok, he's also got Paul's incredibly happy, friendly disposition :)
-He has his first girlfriend.....and luckily, mommy and daddy both approve. Our next door neighbor has a baby who's 11 days older than Deco and they play all the time together. Last time I went to pick him up, they were holding hands. A time before that, I said, "Declan, give Abby hugs and kisses, we're going bye bye" and he reached his arm out, caught her shirt and pulled her in for a big one :) Too cute
-Hoping he's starting to grow out of his milk allergy as I stopped nursing two weeks ago and the formula we have to get for him is RIDONKULOUSLY expensive. We'll talk to the dr when we go in for his 6 month appt
-No clue how much he weighs but I'm guessing around 17lbs - the lady at the grocery store lovessss her some Declan and everytime we're there she wants to hold him - she thinks he's 18 or 19 lbs - chunky monkey but again, we'll let ya know!
-Been teething for a few months now but we've got NOTHIN'! Good gracious I hope these things come in soon. He's a drooling fiend who puts everything in his mouth and chomps but still, nothin'

All in all, we just feel so very blessed to have this happy, social, beautiful healthy baby boy. I know we got lucky with him and I'm almost afraid to jinx it and try for number 2. He is just perfect. I love him more than I ever thought possible (and I thought I could love a lot) and there are times I wonder if I could even love a second child. Maybe that's stupid and sounds terrible but its just honestly how I feel. I look at him in awe. It never gets old......never. Mommy and daddy's little buddy.....................we just love you so much, Declan Brady.

What will the next 6 months hold I wonder.................................................