C and D

C and D

Sunday, August 15, 2010

GiGi and PopPop!


We.Are.So.Lucky. There's no if ands or buts about it. Paul and I had planned originally to try and head East for a little visit this summer but for many reasons (mainly we couldn't figure out a time we could both be there for more than 3 days together and a 3 day trip to the East Coast with a 5.5 month old is no bueno) so we threw out the idea of taking a trip (just the two of us ahhhh!!!) and asked my mom if she would come out to watch Declan. She didn't think twice and so Paul and I got away while my mom and son had some serious quality time together - everyone wins :) 
  In any case, my mom continues to just amaze me. She didn't miss a step - I couldn't believe it. She hasn't had a baby in 17 years and within about 5 minutes being with Declan, they were BFF. There is no doubt that he feels a connection with her and its so beautiful to watch. I can't think of a better word, sorry if it sounds cheesy :) But truly, the two of them just look at each other and smile and they're hearts are bonded. Maybe he remembers that GiGi held mommy's hand for 8 hours straight while she tried to get him out................and she was one of the first people on this earth to hold him in her arms. Either way, I love to watch them together and while I certainly missed Declan, he had one heckuva long weekend with his GiGi. If only those could be more often...................................
   Making it even better, my dad flew out on Saturday morning to spend some time with his grandson. I could not WAIT until my dad could see Declan again because he hadn't seen him since he was about 5 days old and hollyyyyy smokes has he changed since then :) My dad is so in love with Declan, it makes me melt. Again, we are so lucky to have them in our lives. I love you so much, mom and dad, and Declan loves you too. I can't wait to see you three together for the years to come.........






 ---we didn't even plan that - like father like daughter....................what's new