C and D

C and D

Monday, April 26, 2010

Paying it forward.....

There is no doubt last week was a huge stepping stone for me as a mom, a wife, a woman etc etc etc and there is also no doubt that I couldn't have done it without some unbelievable friends to hold my hand thru it. My mom kept telling me, "you're going to have SO much more confidence after making it thru this week by yourself" but I was completely unable to see the forest thru the trees, as one might say ;) I couldn't imagine "making it thru the week" until some amazing friends came and pulled me out of the gutter. I have to say a huge thank you to the Hempens, Maggie Yost, Tracy, Goody, Kara, Keller, James, Jose, my neighbor......the list goes on. The Hempens saved the day (or day after) I got the phone call that Paul wasn't going to be back until Thursday night, at the earliest. I know it probably doesn't seem like much to most people but I had just gone back to work the week before, which, by itself was very traumatic. It was the worst guilt I have ever felt, leaving my little boy every morning and coming home only to basically put him to bed. So with those feelings, my mom leaving again, Paul not going to be around for the next 6 days, I was a full on basket case. In come some phenomenal friends that gave me that confidence I needed - to know that no, I probably couldn't do it ALL BY MYSELF, but I can absolutely do it with them in my life. Tracy came over every night just to keep me company and play with Declan, she brought me coffee and breakfast one morning before she went into work just because she's a great friend, Jose and James came over one night to cook dinner for me (two men in my kitchen lucky me!!!), Goody, Kara and Keller all came over to give me some awesome girl time and love on Declan and then my dear sweet Colorado mother, Maggie Yost, not only spent her days watching my boy so I could work but she too brought me coffee and breakfast, lunches, veggies and fruit to munch on etc etc etc. I mean the woman is phenomenal. I've told her before, but she, time after time, digs me out of a ditch I can't get out of alone of because I get very overwhelmed very easily thus becoming pretty negative (one of my most endearing traits ;) ) Maggie gives and gives and gives and it is simply because she has the biggest most pure heart in the world. She does it because she loves our family, and I dare say I love hers even more! 
Thank you to everyone who helped me get thru last week - I know it might not seem like you did that much but from where I was Saturday night to Thursday night - it is light years.......I love you ALL. Now its my time to pay it forward.