C and D

C and D

Saturday, August 3, 2013

"That" person

Late night thoughts. Declan just woke up and only wanted mommy. Paul went in to try and make him feel better but no.......he needed mommy.

You know you have "that" person....that one that in really rough times, is the only one who can make you feel better. The one your heart needs.

Paul is my person. No doubt.

And right now, I am Declan's. and I love it. I will cherish the time I am "that" person to him..........I feel it from him, as well as him screaming at 1130 at night telling me that I am "that" person ;) we were just cuddling and I could feel him relax and slip back into dreamland. I know the feeling, as I've been there so so many times myself, from needing a back rub from my mom when I was younger to crying myself to sleep in Paul's arms over really tough stuff.

Moms are special people and I feel so unbelievable grateful that for right now, at age 3, I am Declan's person. The only one who can bring him the calm and comfort to make him feel ok again. My role will change, I'm aware, but for now I just don't want to forget these little moments...

Love this guy so so much....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone