C and D

C and D

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A good Wednesday/weeknight go-to meal!

So I've seen a couple other people do this on their blogs so I figured why not :)

I love food. I love trying out new recipes (much to my husband's chagrin) so tonight when he came home and asked me what's for dinner and I said "just trust me" he groaned and I'm pretty sure started calculating how quickly he could get to McD's and back before dinner was ready.......

In any case, it was a hit with all three of us. Decky had a little leftover because it was huge but it'll make a delicious frittata tomorrow!!!

So here's the recipe - the only changes I made were to add a little crushed red pepper in with the onions (i like heat!), my grocery store didn't have mascarpone cheese so i got light cream cheese and just used about a spoonful to make the sauce kinda creamy and I subbed out spinach for arugula because.................arugula is a weird word. And I have no idea what it tastes like.


Oh and I didn't garnish with parsley..............garnish smarnish. It was delightful and very filling! It does sound kinda weird to put Italian sauce all over a baked potato but really...... give it a shot!! So good!