C and D

C and D

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stay at home mom..............sort of.

Wow. What a difference a month makes :) Before we moved to the beach, I was working full-time and while I loved the guys that I worked with and Declan was in a fabulous daycare with kids he loved, I still felt guilty and everyday wished I could be there for the little moments.

Like today. This morning was beautiful, a little breezy but the sun was out and rollin'! Declan was pushing his little lawnmower while I was blowing bubbles in his face that kept him giggling. He needed a little break apparently so he sat in my lap (which is one of my new favorite Decky things.......he will just randomly come over, smile at me, sit in my lap and just...........sit) and I just sang to him. It was probably ridiculous looking but I loved it. We were cuddled up on the driveway, he let me snuggle him and sing "twinkle twinkle little star" over and over and over.

Everyday there is something else that I am beyond thankful I get to experience. Today, it was the snuggle/singfest on the driveway in the sun.

All that said, I am still working part-time and yes it is extremely difficult with an active, needy, animated 1 year old but I love every single second. These are days I will never ever ever get back and while I was able to justify in my head daycare, and I really do think it was great for Declan, this is where I really want to be - raising my son. Every day. Even if that means working early before he's up and long after he goes to bed.........for right now its working and I couldn't be happier.

PLUS - I get to make dinner every night which makes Paul happy :) And me, because everyone knows how much I love food............ and cooking!