C and D

C and D

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Parenthood

Has anyone else besides Paul and I seen the show "Parenthood"?! They always end it with something like "Parenthood is all new next week - isn't that refreshing?" and then show a clip for the next week's show.
  But its so true - parenthood is all new next week - is it refreshing?!?! Well - if its been a bad week - yes, yes it is! If you're in a good phase then you just hope and pray it gets even better next week.
  In any case, this little snippet always just cracks me up because it is just constantly shocking to me how quickly things change and how stinking often you are kept on your toes during this whole "parenthood" thing. AH! I don't know why I'm still shocked, honestly, but I swear to the heavens the minute I start to feel like ok, I can do this, Declan switches it up on me. Like Paul always says, "I think he's f'-ing with me :)" hahaha! Seriously though, you start to gain a little confidence, thinking ok, this isn't that bad we're on a roll, something changes. Whether it be his napping, his eating, his attitude, how difficult it's going to be to get him in the carseat today, whatever! Its just a constant fluctuating thing (I can't think of a word right now, been a long day :) ) and it is absolutely like nothing I've ever known.
  I know Declan's general temperament, I know how much he sleeps at night, generally how long he'll go during the day, about when he gets hungry for a snack, but other than that I mean it is fair game! What will he do today? No one knows.....................will he say another word? Will he hate the waffle he loved yesterday? Will he sit and cry by the door to go outside or will he be ok playing for 30 minutes while the rain stops? Is he going to scream when I talk on the telephone because he wants it or is he finally learning that the telephone is mommy's and he has his own toys? What are we gonna get, buddy?!
  I love you so so so much. And you are an absolute joy, Decky, but boy you keep mommy guessing! You have done this from day 1 and I think this is pretty much how all children are and what most parents go thru but why did no one warn me about how much constant change there is?!?!?!??!?! I am not good with change so this is just a real fun learning experience for mommy.......woohoo!
  I am going to strap my belt a little tighter from here on out because I think the ride is just beginning................

but how can you not love this adorable little mischievous face?!?!?! oh you are a mess little man, but you are my mess! :)