C and D

C and D

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Officially overdue....


...........and here we are. East Coast time, little DB is late. We're grounding him, don't worry :)


So we had a bit of a false alarm late Saturday, eeeeeeearly Sunday. I started noticing contractions around 5 or 6pm Saturday night and my mom and I were timing them - every 5 minutes, about a minute long. This lasted for HOURS - in our class we were told that once you have contractions for one hour, consistently every 5 minutes that are lasting for a minute (5-1-1), you should go to the hospital. Kicker here is that mine weren't painful. This whole time I haven't had any Braxton Hicks or any type of contraction that felt like what I was having Saturday so around 2:30am, after a walk with Paul around our very cold neighborhood and a lot of "should we's", we decided it was best to just go and see what the heck was going on. We checked in, the nurse checked me out and of course, whadya know - NOTHING. I'd been having contractions for about 8 hours at that point, painless, yes, but contractions no less and I hadn't dilated a millimeter. The nurse told me to walk so my mom and I walked around the hospital for an hour, met back at 5am and still nothing. They sent me home around 6am with an Ambien and told me to get some rest. A bit of a heartbreaker but what can you do - he'll come soon. RIGHT?!?!?!?!


We go to the doctor again tomorrow and we do have lots of updates from last week. I've been contracting regularly, still no pain though so I don't know what is going on but hopefully she'll be able to shed some light. I'll keep you all posted :) 


In the meantime - this was my dear husband at our brief stay in the hospital. Isn't that supposed to be my bed?!?!?! ;) All these sleepless nights are finally catching up to him....