C and D

C and D

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy 1 month baby boy!!



Just like I used to say "Happy 1 month anniversary" to Paul (maybe I counted days too but that's neither here nor there......) I will do the same for Declan as I just can't even stand how much I love this kid :) Some fun things about our little boy and then some pics from his first month on this earth.....................SO many more to come and I know it will only get better every day.

-He sneezes twice every time he sneezes. I used to tease Paul when we worked together that at halftime he always had "two things" to say to the team. Declan now has his "two things".
-He must have been on his right side in the womb because for the first 2.5 weeks of his life EVERYTHING was on the right side - he slept like that, he turned his head that way, his eyes only looked to the right, everything. Slowly but surely evening out........
-He is an ANIMAL. He bops his head like he's doing the chicken dance at my boob when he gets hungry. He then kicks his legs and flails his arms like nothing I've ever seen. We almost have to subdue the kid in order to get him to eat....
                : side note on this, one of the nurses at the hospital who was helping me with the 3am feeding    
                said she had "never seen anything like it" - awesome, just what I was hoping to hear at that
                time......
-He's not exactly a calm child....not one of those "eat and sleep" children - but we love him!!!
-He will be crawling tomorrow - mark my words.
-He's a strong little stinker - I'm not being that mom I swear, he's legitimately very strong, I have to fight the kid to get his hands out of his face in order to eat, take his passy, anything.
-He LOVEEESSSS dancing with his daddy. I'll attach a video at the end of this post - maybe my favorite thing in the world, watching the two of them as Declan gets in a trance looking at his dad singing and dancing with him.
-He doesn't like to sleep during the day. Maybe that isn't so fun.............what is fun however is that he sleeps almost 7 hours at night! STRAIGHT!
-He's slept in his crib since about 2 weeks. Fun fact - for the first week or so he slept in bed with us in this awesome pad thing my mom got us and Paul didn't want to move him to his crib because all night long they slept holding hands............
-He has his mommy's mouth........miniscule.
-He has his daddy's eyes.............beautiful blue.
-Sometimes when I go in his room in the morning to feed him once he's woken up he smiles at me, and for this non-morning girl, it is the best way to start the day.
-He is a water boy! Baths are his favorite time of day - aside from eating - he smiles and giggles thru the whole process and then looooveeeessss a little lotion massage afterwards!
-He's got good hand-eye coordination - his hands ALWAYS go right to his mouth to hold his passy in. As you know, he had some tongue issues at first so I'm guessing he had to do this to keep it in because he couldn't do it with his tongue - now its just a habit.

There are inevitably a million more little fun nuances that Declan has and I'll think of them as soon as I hit "post" but for now this will have to do :) Its certainly been a month to remember, with every single day bringing a new challenge, a new mystery cry we have to figure out, or a new spot on his body that I find is ticklish and he smiles. This parenting thing is what everyone says it is and more - exciting, tiring, challenging, rewarding but most of all - full of love. I know there's always the capacity for more love but its hard to imagine loving two people more than I love my husband and son......every day it gets better and better though so I know a month from now, I'll be saying this once more.

Cherishing every moment we have together.......

Alli, Paul and Declan :)

NOW FOR SOME FUN PICS AND A VIDEO!

Our chunky monkey....he's got his badass face on. Don't mess -


Dancing with daddy! 


My popped collar polo baby. Don't think I won't do this every day I can....


Yes they do...


I LOVE bath time!


Especially when daddy gets in with me!


And I looooove my warm towels afterwards :)


And finally a video of Paul and Declan dancing.....I don't know how Paul does it but Declan can be in the worst stinky mood screaming but as soon as Paul gets him dancing and singing he's in heaven :)